Scribble scrabble



I know its been a while but I'll just bore you senseless with my goings on of late. I did my first outdoor climb which you will see a picture of. It was in a place called Auchinstarry and wasn't anything too scary but it was actually rather scary not being surrounded by pretty coloured holds(in the indoor climbing centre) yet I did two routes and actually enjoyed myself with thanks to Dougie(yup I've ditched the spider hobo, his real name is out) and Richie.

It was dougies birthday on the 10th August(sunday) so on the saturday night we went to see mucous( dougs mates gemmas dads band) in nice and sleazys. I took a little fairy cake and candle along for midnight and the group sang happy birthday to doug as I presented him with his magical cake(Andy dont let slip it had fallen on the ground).

Then last week Dougs and I went up to his home in Onich(beside Fort William), and visits to Dougs is ace cos his mum is an amazing cook- I love her caseroles yummy! And what made it even better was that she had made a birthday cake for doug. Chocolate cake spectacular.

We visited a beach near Mouran- i know thats totally wrong but I cant remember the name of the place:( and it was white sandy beaches. It was also a sunny day so I did get to have my dream of a beach day almost in spain ;) I did some paddling with dougster and then we headed back cos he had a dentist appointment. Post appointment we went to Glen Nevis and although I did a fair good whack of moaning- and I mean a good whack!!

I completed my first PROPER outdoor climb, 50m high and with a pretty trick or crux(climbers terms here) at the end. Apart from being eaten ALIVE by midges it was brilliant, fabulous and after all my moaning I was so happy dougie had taken me along to complete it. He knows when to push me.

On the thursday I had a hospital appointment, which went pretty well, I blew a whole 1 litre from blowing 0.89 before so I was happy and everything else seemed fine.

From having such a horrible time two months ago, of small things being such a hassel and task it feels great to be able to do things again. I rememeber lying in bed with dougie and crying because I figured this was what it was going to be like until or if I was fortunate enough to get a transplant.

So now I know that if I go through a spot like that agin there is hope that things will get better.

I'm still awaiting my appointment for transplant but it will arrive soon I think.

I've been climbing at least once a week, this week I did 5 climbs indoors all 5+ which I was very happy about- that was on monday and today(friday) is the first day where my arms haven't hurt.

I had my induction day on wednesday for my new college class(HNC hairdressing), everyone seems great and I can not wait to get started on summit wich I can get my teeth into.

So expect a lot of blogs about hair and such like.

Dougie and I went to edinburgh on wednesday after my induction and went to see Nina conti in show(as its the fringe at the moment). I was star struck as Joan Rivers was sat infront of me. Nina is a ventriloquist, the puppet happens to be a monkey and she is fabulous, my jaw got sore i in the first fifteen minutes cos I was laughing so much. And I love the monkey.

No tv at jeans flat so we kept busy playing scrabble- you gotta love the game, Doug beat me but he forfieted that win.

On thursday we went to see an all male accapella group called "out of the blue" all oxford students, and again we were not dissapointed. Dad paid for us to go see them as mum and him had seen them last week and absolutely loved them.

Then we met Tina(dougs sister) who came for a drink then back to my aunts for some ...... SCRABBLE!!! I was doing well in this game until my last three turns where I was punched down by the pair of Harveys.Oh the indignity of it.

Last night we went to see Hell boy- note to all of you. dont waste anytime watching this movie. It sucks big stylee. Still with no tv it was that or yet another game of scrabble- at least I got good sweeties. . . . . . .

So until next time


Going to see be a familiar in gig on saturday night, and start college on monday. Oh and go to visit Amanda and eilidh the following weekend.

Shall give you update

xxx





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Survivors guilt

Day Two post op

When life gives you lemons