Blood gases- AHHHHHHHH!

Yup those two words together send shivers up my spine and even worse today made me involuntarily have a wobble lip that wouldn't stop due to my emotional state . I had to go up to the hospital after dougie gave me a cold. I wont make him feel too bad about it. Anyway while I was up they decided to start me on orals, then told me I had to get some blood taken( walk in the park) but then when the lovely lady doc came to take my blood she filled me in that I needed to get blood gases done. That was it I started to cry. These things are bloody bloody sore. The only time it has been painless was when I was having my pneumo thorax and my inability to breathe kept my mind off the pain of getting a needle inserted into my artery.

Anyway she said it would be a consultant who carried it out and that they would use anaestetic prior so that i wouldn't feel much. I'd love to say I felt fine after hearing that, ut thats when good ol wobbly lip came into play.

However there is a happy ending to this moaning. After using a tiny bit of lidacane I felt virtually nothing, so today I have overcome my fear of blood gases(providing they use lida cain before hand).

Sats were up today and wieght also. Doc Bicknell said that the referral will be sent off soon for my transplant assessment.


On other very important news, my sister Julie returned home last week, and I am very happy she is home(for the time being anyway). Other news includes the return of lovely ellen and family from Georgia(which had been shook up recently due to a russian invasion). So I cutt ellens hair yesterday and got to meet her lovely baby boy luka again, he is the cutest red haired baby boy in the planet, and not shy in the least. He even let me hold his little farm animals.

So hopefully my lovely ellen friend will be out with us soon.


I've been keeping up my climbing, and even attempting 6A's. Though attempting is really the definitive word but I'm thankful to be even trying them. DOug told me that he is looking forward to dragging me up monros post transplant- i made a pact with him for when I do get to the top of my first monro.


And that is us just now, I have started college and totally loving it :)

I also bought 4 dresses today post hospital- firgured a treat was fine.


Claire and robo's wedding next week and i cant wait.


xxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two post op

When life gives you lemons

Survivors guilt