I'm on the list

Where do I start, it had been six weeks(as my sister pointed out to me on wednesday when she came to my house while I coloured her hair) since I had been in Newcastle for transplant assessment and I must admit I was starting to get pretty worried that they could not find a suitable mix of antibiotics to blitz the bugs or that my tissue was dodgy or just summit. Well weirdly enough I got a call a couple of hours later to say that was me being listed.

I felt a bit bubbly then happy then actually pretty terrified. But none of those emotions lasted long. I'm not really feeling too much about the transplant. I do talk a lot about how different things will be when I am actually able to breathe easier.

It rather obvious at the moment as I am on IV's due to my lungs being in a rather shitty state when I went to clinic last friday.

So at the moment I'm feeling a tx would be splendid. I'm sure on my good days though I will be hoping its some time before I hear from them.

It does offer so many opportunities and everyone is very happy about it. The only person who reacted like I did was Mark he replied to my text with Oh god its real then, and I love that he did that. Because I was starting to feel bad that I felt that being placed on the list wasn't the most amazing thing ever.

It's scary, it's unknowing, its a dice throw but hopefully a good throw. A double six!!??

So anyway I'm having a party to celebrate. Laser quest on the 18th April with some friends and some laser guns and some outfits ;)

Then its the CF fundraiser on may 8th! I need to arrange my outfit, and I dont have a clue what to be.


On another note, I'm being placed onto overnight oxygen, I need to go into hospital this week so they can check 2litre flow wont give me too much Co2. But as I type this i'm sitting with my oxy in cos today was a rough day.

It's amazing the things that change as you get iller, or as this illness takes its toll more. Or maybe it's just that I'm older. I would never have done my ineb in public when I was younger- now I dont care, I would never have went out without covering up my iv line with a long sleeved top- now I dont care. I would have shuddered at the thought of oxygen but you realise that these things are small in comparison to having a life and feeling well enough to enjoy it.



I have had a few feeling sorry for myself moments, tonight I was as I treid to carry my washing downstairs, I had to stand in my living room and shout out loud at myself to get a friggin grip. I know there are so many people worse off than me and that I have a cheek to feel sorry for myself. The difference is I have hope, I have an opportunity.



I'm now sitting talking to my wee nubby Nicola on inet. I havent seen her this week and she has still been having a rough time so we like to chat on inet and moan at each other. as well as having a wee giggle.



DOugie and I are hoping to go down to London on 25th April, which should be great.



Kirsty

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two post op

When life gives you lemons

Survivors guilt