Day 16 post op

Day 16: Friday

I went down for a lung function test today and from what I could tell the results were good, I’m already double my lung function and once I start regular exercise it will only improve. The doctors are happy with me going to the flats so Julie took my stuff over and later on we both headed to Beechwood flat 4. It’s basic but it’s great to get away from the hospital.

Julie’s man mark was heading up tonight, after returning from Afghanistan, he is such a nice guy I hope he treats Julie well. He was arriving about 2am.I woke about 4.30am, and went for a wee poo yay! Then I couldn’t sleep so I put on my iPod and danced about my room. I then sent everyone a wee text to say: “It’s 5am and I hope this doesn’t wake you all but just been Dancing about my room and wanted to send a text to every one of you makes this journey all the sweeter. I’m such, such a lucky girl to have the most amazing support network around me. You guys make every bit of pain worthwhile, you make every laugh ten times better and you give me a reason to get myself fit and well so that we can party into the night. I thank you for giving me the inspiration to beat the rough days. xx”

Day 17: Saturday

Yet I’m doing poo’s! Julie, mark and I watched some TV on the laptop today then headed out to find a McDonalds after Mark had mentioned Chicken nuggets. Mmmmmmm I had a lovely bacon, cheese burger, it was extremely scrummy and lovely to get out properly from the hossy in the car. I phoned Nicola who at the moment is I Gartnavel with her abscess which is acting up again after she coughed up her valve. It was lovely to talk to her again as I phoned her the other day. I know she is having a rough time at the moment but she has been a rock to me when I have been having bad feelings. I said just after my tx that I didn’t want to flaunt it in her face but she replied saying that she thought she would be jealous but she is just really happy for me. She is such an amazing girl. . . . I hope this gets sorted for her.

We then came home, Doug’s was working on his van as it needs its MOT done this week so I said to head over after it was fixed. He left the house at 6.30pm to head here. Julie and I headed to the chip shop whilst mark watched the Wales, Australia Rugby game. Chips, gravy and mushy peas yummy.

Doug arrived around 9 and Julie and mark headed off. I’m going to really miss Julie; she has done so much for me and helped me in so many ways my gratitude can’t be verbalised. I just hope she realises how much her support has meant to me.

It was so lovely to have Dougie here, we watched The wire and I fell asleep, waking at 4.30am and waking Doug’s up and then having a wee chat with him. I fell asleep again and didn’t wake again till 8am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two post op

When life gives you lemons

Survivors guilt