Better liver alone

So this week has been eventful, last week I had lung transplant clinic and my Dr in Newcastle told me that he had, had to pill a lot of strings for the liver transplant team to see me. Reason being on paper, after this year I would most likely not be even asked for assessment but he spoke to his friend who is a liver doctor and asked them to just meet me.

Ha no pressure eh, basically I have to try and show them that I'm ready for this, that my body after almost dying a few times this year will cope and my mind is strong enough.

So how did it all go?


updated on 15th December 2017

I was accepted onto the list, on Monday I go meet the surgeon and sign all the documentation. It's the best outcome though I guess I had hoped that they would tell me.my liver had made a miraculous recovery. But it didn't.  . .

Everyone tells me (doctors included ) that having gone through a lung transplant this will be easy in comparison but I can't help but feel my journey wasn't too bad and what if this time it is.

Onwards and onwards


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two post op

When life gives you lemons

Survivors guilt