A tap full of goodness

So on Saturday I went to Edinburgh to conduct a wedding for Ruth and Liam, such a great couple and thankfully no one congratulated me which was nice.

I drove back and awaited the arrival of hubby and sis in law Tina. We ate food we watches some tv we caught up and then it was tap time. The liver consultant had said that with the amount of fluid in my stomach it would take forever for the drugs to get rid of it so instead a small tube would be placed into my stomach to drain the fluid out.

Claire the doctor came along and inserted said tube, at one point I turned just in time to see the god awful huge needle she was holding in her hand.

Don't worry she said it doesn't all go in.

Ha ha ha ha ha fuuck!

ok I've had a lot of treatments this visit but this needle was HUGE
.

So lidocaine the stingy bastard first ,let it settle in and then the pressure of a tube going in between your skin and organs. and then . . . . well nothing , it was attached to a bag like the ones used for pee and it slowly dripped. A bit of an anti climax for us both considering how huge my tummy was.

My visitors returned and the doctor left and then  we'll then it started to drip a lot, it would be in for the next six hours (it's a huge risk of infection so can not be placed in for any longer than that.

After only an hour I had lost 2.5 litres of fluid. the bag was emptied and it continued for the next hour or so. in total just over 5 litres left my stomach. 5 litres, that's 5kgs which is a tenth of my body weight being carried around on my front. no wonder I've been a riot.

it slowed down but I still had a fair amount of fluid in me so we all went for walks, we got into some weird positions and I tried to dance a bit. not much as bearing in mind I had a tube in my belly that was pretty sore.

But that 5 litres was gone now.

Thank feck for that.

Yesterday which was Sunday I went out and let two couples who had been waiting for quite some time for these meetings. Both were fabulous couples and I just loved being back to my job. hearing people's love stories and lives.

I then had lunch with the family, dougie, Tina ,  juloe, Logan, Gordon and tracey.

Our chat was highly inappropriate and Tina and Julie tried in vain to get me to contact the cctv folk here regarding my dramatic falls off the scooter.  They just really want to see it in person as opposed to just pissing themselves at the thought .









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Survivors guilt

Week twelve is about to begin

Scribble scrabble