Life is not a dress rehearsal

So all last week I figured I was in week eight but alas today marks week eight.
Still so.many questions and no end in sight but I had the best sleep.last night and today I have been taken off an IV that was fine 4 times a day so I am now available mostly after lunch. Who is up for some spa days?

To be honest I just want some normality, after my recent post maybe I have changed, I'm worried I won't be able to adapt back into my life seamlessly but I guess that's to be expected. and there is also dougie who has to get used to this wife being back.

Though I'm getting aheadbkf myself.

I'm still carrying a lot of fluid in my abdomen, my legs are much better but the unanswered questions are mainly. Why am I not making blood ?

I never received or needed blood apart from during transplant and then since February I've had over 8 pints. At first they brought me up gave me blood and then went me home and never questioned it so I'm glad that now they are obviously looking into it.

This week my lung function will be checked. we don't know the damage that's been caused but we will get a better indication after this.

my haemoglobin has sunk to high 40's but at the moment is sitting at 61, below 60.and we consider more blood. Thank you to those who give blood, without whom I wouldn't be here
 You are my hero.


speaking if which it's the start of national transplant week so let's expect some stuff from me.  Like I said the other week a nurse said to me , many people would have given up. For.me this isn't just about my journey, this is my battle but it's my husband's too and families and more importantly my donors. She gave me life and I wouldn't ever give up on that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Survivors guilt

Day Two post op

When life gives you lemons