21st June

hi everyone

So I worked out that since February I've spent around 9 and a half weeks in hospital for lots of different reasons.

however I had mentioned my night blindness and it turns out that I am vitamin a deficient. symptoms include night blindness and neurological problems ~ which maybe explains why , when I walk I can often resemble a rather drunk person.

I had a holiday booked for dubai for four nights, and it was hit or miss whether is was going to go. my eyes were burning and so I went to the eye hospital who told me that lack of vitamin a had caused my eyes to dry out so much my corneas were now jagged and scored and that I had also managed to get myself an eye infection called herpes (I'm sure many of you have heard of it but I swear I never got it that way.)

eight years I have managed to avoid this virus which is very common in people after transplant but now I will carry the virus which will lay dormant for the rest of my life. and it can cause damage to.my eyes.

anyway I got on the plane knowing I was going away with two people who I could trust, Debbie and Fiona who will help me, guide me when I can't see in the dark and not expect too mucb.

tomorrow is our last day and I'm so happy I came. life is for living . vie la . . . . . .c

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two post op

When life gives you lemons

Survivors guilt